Go to main navigation
14255 Blanco Road, San Antonio, Texas 78216
Call for a consultation 210-308-6600 210-308-6600

Investing in the United States

For businesses and individual investors or traders seeking access to the United States, the American immigration law process can be daunting and confusing. It is critical to work with an experienced lawyer who has the knowledge and focus to help you through the process.At Oliva, Saks, Garcia & Curiel, PLLC, in San Antonio, attorney Ramon E. Curiel has a wealth of experience and knowledge for helping clients throughout the world seek investment and trading opportunities in the U.S. As a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, attorney Curiel keeps up to date with the changing immigration laws and process. Our firm helps clients obtain E-1, E-2 and EB5 visas for investing and trading in the United States.

Non-immigrant treaty trader and investor visas

If you are a citizen of a recognized treaty country, you could be eligible to come to the United States for trading or investment purposes through an E1 treaty trader visa or an E2 treaty trader visa. If eligible, these visas would allow you up to a two-year stay in the country, with the potential to renew and increase the length of stay.

E1 and E2 visas are available for those conducting substantial trade or making substantial investments in U.S. businesses as well as managers, executives and essential employees who will be working in United States branch offices of the businesses in question.

Immigrant investor EB5

The EB5 (fifth employment preference) visa is an option for those ultimately seeking permanent residence in the United States through investment opportunities.

Qualifying for this visa requires an investment in a U.S. business of either $500,000 or $1 million (depending on the location of the business). Further, the investment will need to create at least 10 full-time jobs for workers who are United States citizens, lawful permanent residents, or other immigrants lawfully authorized to be employed in the United States.

There are further details and complications for EB1, EB2 and EB5 visas. At Oliva, Saks, Garcia & Curiel, PLLC, we have the experience and knowledge to provide you with sound counsel and help throughout the process of achieving your immigration goals.

Contact Oliva, Saks, Garcia & Curiel, PLLC

To schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney, call 210-308-6600 or contact us online.

Se habla español.